Outreach & Training
Saint John Theatre Company is proud to provide programs that enrich the lives of so many New Brunswickers. Our objective is to reach out to the community through numerous initiatives, including:
- Courses in partnership with UNB Saint John held at BMO Studio Theatre space
- Student pre-show events for select Main Stage productions
- Student study guides for select productions
- Free matinee performances for students on select productions
- Training workshops for our local talent base
- Post-show Q&A sessions on the preview night of Main Stage productions
- Discounted student ticket prices
- Complimentary tickets to various community groups in the Greater Saint John area
Youth and Community Outreach support provided by:
SJTC RESPONSE TO COVID-19
SJTC COVID-19 Update:
May 2020 – our offices continue to remain closed. We are working on re-opening protocols and expect to have a small group of staff back in the office in the coming weeks. Our hope is to have small groups, in compliance with Provincial Government regulations, in our BMO Studio Theatre in the coming months. In the meantime please tune into our SJTC Facebook page for updates on upcoming livestream and Zoom performances for your enjoyment.
The SJTC continues to work on logistics that impact ticket holders, donors, sponsors and advertisers. We will post updates on our website and social media platforms as developments progress.
Hope to see you all again soon!
DRIVING MISS DAISY
NOTE: date change due to COVID-19. March 2021 – exact dates tba. A touching story with a message that friendship and caring can surmount creed, colour and race. Featuring Walter Borden as Hoke and Jenny Munday as Miss Daisy. Directed by Stephen Tobias.
NOTE: date change due to COVID-19. To be rescheduled to Oct 2020 – exact dates tba. A portrait of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for nine girls who just want to score some goals. An Atlantic Repertory Production. Written by Sarah DeLappe. Directed by Laura Vingoe-Cram. ARC Tickets | 506-652-7582 ext 236.